Disk and Cassette Storage
This episode is a look at software storage on the TI, using cassettes and diskettes.
We cover the following:
- Using storage to save your work
- Floppy disks
- Floppy disk storage as a random-access medium
- How floppies and drives work
- The TI-99 floppy format
- Managing the capacity of disks
- Cassette storage as a sequential medium
- How cassette storage works
- Digital recorders and MP3
- File types
- Data types (display/fixed, display/variable, internal/fixed, internal/variable)
- Accessing data files
- Program file type
- BASIC file layout
A very simple disk catalog display.
Example of saving a data file from BASIC.
Example of loading a data file from BASIC.